[comp.lang.smalltalk] ROMS and NuBus

mdr@reed.UUCP (03/05/87)

Q: Prototyping cards for the NuBus?
A: There should be some coming from Apple.  Nothing formally announced yet.

Q: Do MacII and SE ROMS have the same content?
A: Yes, No, Maybe we'll learn some day

Q: How wide is the ROM data bus on the Mac II?
A: 4 bytes.  I'm still curious if it would be as quick with 2 byte wide ROM.
             When I get some time I'll figure out if this might be so.

Q: Apple Smalltalk for the Mac II?
A: Version 0.4 should be coming from APDA.  (YEA!)
--
	Reed College -- Portland, Oregon -- 503/774-9192

jww@sdcsvax.UUCP (03/05/87)

In article <5595@reed.UUCP>, mdr@reed.UUCP (Mike Rutenberg) writes:
> Q: Prototyping cards for the NuBus?
> A: There should be some coming from Apple.  Nothing formally announced yet.

Also specs are available Real Soon Now from APDA.

> Q: Do MacII and SE ROMS have the same content?
> A: Yes, No, Maybe we'll learn some day

No.  The Mac SE is real, available at a dealer near you.  The Mac
II is vaporware, and they will be fixing bugs in the ROM up until
the very last minute.  Besides, the Mac II has color stuff that the
SE doesn't (although I'd sure like to see an official list of
managers in the SE & II.)

> Q: Apple Smalltalk for the Mac II?
> A: Version 0.4 should be coming from APDA.  (YEA!)
Tell me more, tell me more....
--
	Joel West
	{ucbvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!jww	(ihnp4!gould9!joel once I fix news)

rgatkinson@watmum.UUCP (03/06/87)

In article <2807@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU> jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) writes:
>In article <5595@reed.UUCP>, mdr@reed.UUCP (Mike Rutenberg) writes:
>> Q: Do MacII and SE ROMS have the same content?
>No.
>the very last minute.  Besides, the Mac II has color stuff that the

Doesn't the _original_ Quickdraw on the original Mac have color support
that just hasn't been used yet?

	-bob atkinson