[comp.lang.smalltalk] Little Smalltalk for MS-DOS?

clh@cbrma.UUCP (07/24/87)

Does anyone know of a port of Little Smalltalk to MS-DOS?  A co-worker would
also like to have source for a UNIX* version.
Chris Harting			AT&T Network Systems 		Columbus, Ohio

			"...Erase?!?..." -- Max Headroom
* UNIX is a trademark of AT&T Bell Laboratories

pat@seradg.Dayton.NCR.COM (Patrick Pesch) (08/11/87)

In article <5883@cbrma.att.com>, clh@cbrma.att.com (C.L.Harting) writes:
> Does anyone know of a port of Little Smalltalk to MS-DOS?  A co-worker would
> also like to have source for a UNIX* version.
> Chris Harting			AT&T Network Systems 		Columbus, Ohio
> * UNIX is a trademark of AT&T Bell Laboratories

	In almost every issue of BYTE there is a full-page add for a
	MS-DOS Smalltalk for $99.95.  This includes 10 "starter applications"
	which include prolog.  The June issue of BYTE also includes a review
	of the system.  I'm not Smalltalk user, but the article gives it
	pretty high marks considering its price, underlying hardware, etc...

	"...The rapid response gives you the feeling that the system is
	 quick, even on standard PC's"

	 "Smalltalk/V is an unusually robust and complete system..."

	 Graphics support (640X200 CGA, 640X350 EGA, Hercules, VGA, more...

	 Hope this helps!

	 (I am not now, nor have I ever been affiliated with Digitalk...,
	  and the views expressed here are not necessarily the views of
	  my employer.. etc.. etc...)