[comp.lang.smalltalk] NoteCards

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (05/06/88)

Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of NoteCards?  We (are about
to) have Parc Place Smalltalk on a Sun workstation, and we would like
to extend Smalltalk with some hypertext capabilities.  Also, does
anyone know of any other hypertext systems that are implemented in
Smalltalk?  Thanx in advance!

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,mit-eddie,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to
	 conquer the world."  -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.

susser@Apple.COM (Joshua Susser) (05/07/88)

In article <31027@linus.UUCP> sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) writes:
>Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of NoteCards?  We (are about
>to) have Parc Place Smalltalk on a Sun workstation, and we would like
>to extend Smalltalk with some hypertext capabilities.  Also, does
>anyone know of any other hypertext systems that are implemented in
>Smalltalk?  Thanx in advance!

NoteCards can be obtained from the Xerox Artificial Intelligence Business
Unit, or whatever they are called these days. Try (818) 351-2351. However,
I think you may be surprised at what you are getting. NoteCards is written
in Interlisp-D, not Smalltalk. However, it is a very nifty Hypertext system.
Alas, the only thing it will run on is a Xerox workstation.

If you are looking for Hypertext in Smalltalk, you should check out Xerox's
Analyst. This is the system that was demoed at OOPSLA last year. I think it's
a pretty spiffy piece of software, but then I spent several years working on it
when I was at the big X. Contact the Smalltalk Product Manager at Xerox
Special Information Systems, also at (818)-351-2351.

Joshua Susser
Object Engineer

arpa: susser@apple.com
uucp: {sun,decwrl,...}!apple!susser