[comp.lang.smalltalk] St80->ObjectiveC & Dist.St80

neil@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Neil Haddley) (05/13/88)

Dear All,
	We have been told that a Smalltalk to Objective-C converter has
	been produced (Possibly by Brad Cox) and that this converter is
	"Public Domain". Can anyone provide more details ?

	Also, is there such a thing as Distributed-Smalltalk ?

	Thank you in advance

	Neil
--
EMAIL:	neil@comp.lancs.ac.uk		| Post: University of Lancaster,
UUCP:	...!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!neil	|	Department of Computing,

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (05/17/88)

In article <505@dcl-csvax.comp.lancs.ac.uk> neil@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Neil Haddley) writes:
>Dear All,
>	We have been told that a Smalltalk to Objective-C converter has
>	been produced (Possibly by Brad Cox) and that this converter is
>	"Public Domain". Can anyone provide more details ?
>EMAIL:	neil@comp.lancs.ac.uk		| Post: University of Lancaster,
>UUCP:	...!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!neil	|	Department of Computing,
>					|	Bailrigg, Lancaster, UK.

There is an article (?) in the latest OOPSLA conference proceedings.
The article mentions that it is available on BITNET but I don't
remember where is said and my proceedings has gone home.
Anyone have the full path?  -- Darren