[comp.lang.smalltalk] Hidden Line Removal

peskin@caip.rutgers.edu (R. L. Peskin) (07/16/88)

We are interested in any work that has been done in Smalltalk on the
following:

 1. Hidden line removal for three-dimensional graphics representations

 2. Fill for non-rectangular areas that are reasonably efficient.
    (Yes, we do know about the "smear" technique as per the Tektronix
     Form class examples.)

Any ideas on the above will be appreciated.

--dick peskin  <peskin@caip.rutgers.edu>

hmm@laura.UUCP (Hans-Martin Mosner) (07/18/88)

In article <Jul.15.15.24.09.1988.13060@caip.rutgers.edu> peskin@caip.rutgers.edu (R. L. Peskin) writes:
>We are interested in any work that has been done in Smalltalk on the
>following:
>
> 2. Fill for non-rectangular areas that are reasonably efficient.
>    (Yes, we do know about the "smear" technique as per the Tektronix
>     Form class examples.)
Have you seen the area fill in The Analyst (by Xerox Special Information
Systems) ?  It performs acceptably fast and is fun to look at on the screen :-)
I don't know whether the method is available separately, but I suspect that
it is based on some published algorithm and that a decent Smalltalk hacker
should be able to reproduce it in a day or so.  I'll look it up...

Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm@unido.uucp>
--
Hans-Martin Mosner		| Don't tell Borland about Smalltalk - |
hmm@unido.{uucp,bitnet}		| they might invent Turbo Smalltalk !  |