[comp.lang.smalltalk] New StrikeFonts needed

obrien@anpiel.aero.org (08/10/88)

I need to write equations on the screen.  The easiest way would
be to find a StrikeFont with special characters in it; e.g.
Greek characters.  I can't find any in the ParcPlace System
Smalltalk and I didn't happen to run across any in the Analyst.
There doesn't seem to be a font editor around...does anyone have
a StrikeFont suitable for displaying equations?
--
Mike O'Brien
obrien@aerospace.aero.org

hmm@laura.UUCP (Hans-Martin Mosner) (08/21/88)

In article <35658@aero.ARPA> obrien@anpiel.aero.org () writes:
>I need to write equations on the screen.  The easiest way would
>be to find a StrikeFont with special characters in it; e.g.
>Greek characters.  I can't find any in the ParcPlace System
>Smalltalk and I didn't happen to run across any in the Analyst.
There aren't any in The Analyst or the standard image.
>There doesn't seem to be a font editor around...does anyone have
>a StrikeFont suitable for displaying equations?
I don't have a StrikeFont for that, but I do have 2 tools for dealing
with fonts: a font-editor which is not very powerful but should be usable
for this task, and a class struture to convert external fonts into StrikeFont
format (currently understands Berkeley vfont format and TeX .pxl format).
I have to check with my boss under what conditions I can give the stuff away.

	Hans-Martin Mosner
	hmm@unido.uucp
--
Hans-Martin Mosner		| Don't tell Borland about Smalltalk - |
hmm@unido.{uucp,bitnet}		| they might invent Turbo Smalltalk !  |