[comp.lang.smalltalk] coprocessing hardware

ech@rti.UUCP (Craig Hyatt) (11/02/88)

I would appreciate information on coprocessing hardware for smalltalk--
either real or under development.  I am considering the possibility of
designing a plug-in board for a microcomputer that executes Smalltalk
bytecode.  This is for consideration as a thesis topic.  Thanks in
advance...

frode@m2cs.naggum.se (Frode Odegard) (11/03/88)

In article <2538@rti.UUCP>, ech@rti.UUCP (Craig Hyatt) writes:

> I would appreciate information on coprocessing hardware for smalltalk--
> either real or under development.  I am considering the possibility of
> designing a plug-in board for a microcomputer that executes Smalltalk
> bytecode.  This is for consideration as a thesis topic.  Thanks in
> advance...

..and the book you should read is.....

The design and evaluation of a high performance Smalltalk system
David Michael Ungar
MIT Press

					 - Frode