[comp.lang.smalltalk] SMALLTALK-80, Image processing.

madhu@hubcap.UUCP (Raman Madhusudan) (11/13/88)

Greetings:
	Could somebody point me to some place where I can get lots
	of Smalltalk goodies to try out ? I am specifically interested
	in Image processing 'methods'.
	Being new to this group, I have no idea where the
	comp.lang.smalltalk stuff is archived (??).
	At Clemson, we have Smalltalk on the Mac II and on a SUN4/110.
	The sort of processing implementations that we are most
	interested in are edge detection and false color shading.
	Also, has anyone implemented a full blown writer and reader
	for TIFF files within Smalltalk ?
	Please reply to madhu@hubcap.clemson.edu (Internet). If there
	is enough interest, will summarize along with goodies we have
	here at Clemson.
		--thanks
		madhu@hubcap.clemson.edu
		!gatech!hubcap!madhu (otherwise).

madhu@hubcap.UUCP (Raman Madhusudan) (11/21/88)

In article <3522@hubcap.UUCP>, madhu@hubcap.UUCP (Raman Madhusudan) writes:
> Greetings:
> 	Could somebody point me to some place where I can get lots
> 	of Smalltalk goodies to try out ? I am specifically interested
> 	in Image processing 'methods'.
> 	Being new to this group, I have no idea where the
> 	comp.lang.smalltalk stuff is archived (??).
> 	At Clemson, we have Smalltalk on the Mac II and on a SUN4/110.
> 	The sort of processing implementations that we are most
u no talk??
	Considering I did not get a single
	reply with helpful advice (except for requests
	from others interested in archives) am I right in
	assuming NO ARCHIVING place is there on the net
	for sharing SMALLTALK-80 applications (methods)??
	If you are interested in having a common archive
	point (if one is not already on the Internet), I
	would be glad to look after one here. Obviuosly
	the supreme command here (clemson.edu) has to be
	consulted.
	Please send mail to:
	madhu@hubcap.clemson.edu
	or
	!gatech!hubcap!madhu
	with subject:ARCHIVE
		--thanks
			madhu@hubcap.clemson.edu
** If a tool cannot be applied to itself throw it away...