[comp.lang.smalltalk] Smalltalk/V and DOS. Help please

ott@piyopiyo.hatori.t.u-tokyo.JUNET (ott) (02/09/89)

I would like to use Smalltalk/V on a PC to create a user interface for
a simulation program running on a mainframe. I have a serial link to
connect to the host.

As I have programmed to much assembler in the past, I tried to stay as
far away as possible, when using a PC. (We are actually using NEC
PCs, running a japanese version of DOS which is, you guessed it, not
really compatible.)

Before I get too frustrated digging through japanese Manuals, which I
can't really read anyway, I would like to hear from someone who has
already tried to include DOS programs in his/her Smalltalk/V
application(s).

Or any suggestions are more than welcome.

-max
Max Ott			     e-mail:
Hatori Laboratory             ott@piyopiyo.hatori.t.u-tokyo.junet@relay.cs.net
Dept. of E.E.; U of Tokyo
+(81)-(03) 812 2111 Ext. 6761

yerneni@pdn.nm.paradyne.com (Prasad Yerneni) (02/10/89)

In article <8@piyopiyo.hatori.t.u-tokyo.JUNET>, ott@piyopiyo.hatori.t.u-tokyo.JUNET (ott) writes:

> Before I get too frustrated digging through japanese Manuals, which I
> can't really read anyway, I would like to hear from someone who has
> already tried to include DOS programs in his/her Smalltalk/V
> application(s).
>
> Or any suggestions are more than welcome.
>
> -max

   I am interested in this too.  If could post a summary of responses,
   it would be great.

   prasad.

--
Paradyne Corporation		UUCP: yerneni@pdn.UUCP