[comp.lang.smalltalk] Working w/ BitMaps in Smalltalk/V

toxic@dhw68k.cts.com (Scott Watson) (02/24/89)

I have a need to simulate a track following vehical and I'd like to
use my almost virgin (I haven't used ST in the past for my OOP) Smalltalk/V
to prototype the system. This would involve making little "tracks" in
a paint program and importing the bitmaps into ST...

I'm using Digitalks Smalltalk/V, any thoughts?
--
----------------------
{trwrb,hplabs}!felix!dhw68k!toxic

elt@entire.UUCP (Edward L. Taychert) (02/26/89)

In article <20267@dhw68k.cts.com>, toxic@dhw68k.cts.com (Scott Watson) writes:
> I have a need to simulate a track following vehical and I'd like to
> use my almost virgin (I haven't used ST in the past for my OOP) Smalltalk/V
> to prototype the system. This would involve making little "tracks" in
> a paint program and importing the bitmaps into ST...

> I'm using Digitalks Smalltalk/V, any thoughts?

Yeah! Here's one, bitmaps in ST/V (and ST/V286) are limited
to 64K. Don't make your bitmaps too large. But why import them?
The `FreeDrawing' class, a simple paint program comes with it.

Or it you want more precisely defined tracks, drawing on bitmaps
with turtle graphics is very easy.

--

Ed Taychert
	    ...!rochester!rocksanne!entire!elt