[comp.lang.smalltalk] World Map in the 'Analyst'

bernardh@r1.cs.man.ac.uk (03/30/89)

The World Map in the 'Analyst' is stored in WDBII (World Data Base II)
format. I want to be able to create files in this format, that
Analyst can then read and display.

Any ideas on how to create such files ? - the Analyst Programmer's
Manual provides zilch help.

The files are not going to be geographic, but anatomic (2-dimensional),
will this be a problem ?

thanks in advance

Bern

susser@apple.com (Joshua Susser) (04/07/89)

In article <5765@ux.cs.man.ac.uk> bernardh@r1.cs.man.ac.uk writes:
> The World Map in the 'Analyst' is stored in WDBII (World Data Base II)
> format. I want to be able to create files in this format, that
> Analyst can then read and display.
>
> Any ideas on how to create such files ? - the Analyst Programmer's
> Manual provides zilch help.

Actually, the World Map isn't stored in WDBII format. It is stored in the
Analyst Map format, but the data has been extracted from WDBII. When I was
at XSIS I spent many hours extracting maps from the WDBII for the Analyst
Demo files. XSIS has a utility program written in smalltalk to extract
Analyst Map files from the (specially massaged) WDBII files. I am sure
that for the right amount, they would be happy to provide it to you.

I suggest you contact:
    Evelyn Van Orden
    Smalltalk Products Manager
    Xerox Special Information Systems