[comp.lang.smalltalk] Little Smalltalk Ver 3

uucigj@swbatl.UUCP (3531) (06/30/89)

I seem to remember a while back an annoucement about version 3 of the
little smalltalk program.  Is it available? If so at what location can it
be retrieved from.  (Although right now I am stuck with only uucp access).

Gregg Jensen
<signature deleted>

aries@rhi.hi.is (Reynir Hugason) (07/02/89)

uucigj@swbatl.UUCP (3531) writes:

>I seem to remember a while back an annoucement about version 3 of the
>little smalltalk program.  Is it available? If so at what location can it
>be retrieved from.  (Although right now I am stuck with only uucp access).

The most recent distribution can be obtained by writing to this address.

	Tim Budd
	Department of Computer Science
	Oregon State University
	Corvallis, Oregon
	97331 USA

N.B. there is a small charge for media and mailing costs.

aries@rhi.hi.is (Mimir Reynisson)

The standard disclaimer applies.

budd@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Tim Budd) (07/07/89)

The information Reynir gives in the article quoted below is factual,
and the small charge is $35 for Tar tape surface mail, (tar tape includes
several other software packages as well), but before everybody
sends me order forms, let me state that the system is also available free
for those with anonymous ftp capabilities from cs.orst.edu .
Look in directory pub/budd/small.v3.
It is also public domain, so you might ask your friends if they have it.
Finally, if you really don't have ftp access, I will *AT MY LEASURE*
e-mail it to folks.  Warning, I use whatever the `r' key gives me for
a return address, and only do this when I have time, and am about to
go away for four weeks of vacation.  (Hope that is enough to make most
folks use ftp).
--tim budd
p.s. one more comment.  People in the UK can obtain it from Software
Express Ltd and people in Japan from ASCII Corp.  Both of these charge
rather more than I do, however.