[net.movies] three versions of CLUE

kellym@iddic.UUCP (bob) (12/16/85)

In article <1672@decwrl.UUCP> boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) writes:

>> From:	h-sc1!clarke	(Cam Clarke)
>
>> I saw a television ad for the movie "Clue", ...
>> ... The television ad said that the movie has "Three endings".
>> Does anyone know what this means?
>
>The ad that I saw said something like, "How it ends depends on where you see
>it." Which implies that different theaters will have different versions.
>This seems like a nice gimmick at first, but I'm not sure that I like it.

Several nights ago on David Letterman, Dave got Martin Mull (currently out
beating the talk-show turf for this movie, as he happens to be in it) to
admit that the difference amounts to "about 5 minutes" for each version.
Hardly emough to justify (my) seeing it more than once (if at all).

					(parenthetically)

						Kelly McArthur
						tektronix!iddic!kellym