[comp.lang.smalltalk] Importing Mac fonts/icons to smalltalk

frobozz@well.UUCP (Jordan Bortz) (10/29/89)

Has anyone written code to import mac fonts what they would
be willing to share? I have written code to import MAC icons
and cursors which I would be willing to post to the net if anyone
needs it...

	Jordan
*  Jordan A. Bortz, Higher Level Software, Santa Cruz, CA             *
*  well!frobozz frobozz@well.sf.ca.us   408 - 427 - 9678               *

sdl@lyra.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (10/30/89)

In article <14340@well.UUCP> frobozz@well.UUCP (Jordan Bortz) writes:

>   Has anyone written code to import mac fonts what they would
>  be willing to share? I have written code to import MAC icons
>  and cursors which I would be willing to post to the net if anyone
>  needs it...

Yes!  I definitely could use Smalltalk code that can convert Mac
icons to Smalltalk Forms.  If you have such code, please post it!

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730
(617)271-7753

ARPA:  sdl@mbunix.mitre.org
UUCP:  ...{att,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
				-- J. Nicholson
--

hansell@carp.cis.ohio-state.edu (Timothy Hansell) (10/30/89)

In article <14340@well.UUCP> frobozz@well.UUCP (Jordan Bortz) writes:

>Has anyone written code to import mac fonts what they would
>be willing to share? I have written code to import MAC icons
>and cursors which I would be willing to post to the net if anyone
>needs it...
>
>	Jordan
>--
>*  Jordan A. Bortz, Higher Level Software, Santa Cruz, CA             *
>*  well!frobozz frobozz@well.sf.ca.us   408 - 427 - 9678               *

Sam Adams of KSC in Cary N.C. told me that he has been able to import
MAC fonts, by using ST-V Mac to create an intermediate format of the font
that can be imported to ST-80. Apparently ST-V Mac has some features for
accessing Mac fonts, etc that makes this very easy to do.

You could reach him at:

KSC, Knowledge Systems Corporation
114 MacKenan Drive
Cary, NC 27511
(919)481-4000

I don't know if they have an internet mail addresss or not, they were
working on it a few months ago.

-tim