[comp.lang.smalltalk] Upgrade ParcPlace 2.3 to 2.5

mmt@client1.DRETOR.UUCP (Martin Taylor) (01/17/90)

Does there exist a translator that can convert programs that ran under
version 2.3 so that they run under 2.5? Or a partial translator? Or other
conversion tools?
--
Martin Taylor (mmt@zorac.dciem.dnd.ca ...!uunet!dciem!mmt) (416) 635-2048
If the universe transcends formal methods, it might be interesting.

hansell@oboe.cis.ohio-state.edu (Timothy Hansell) (01/18/90)

In article <2844@client1.DRETOR.UUCP> mmt@client1.DRETOR.UUCP (Martin Taylor) writes:

>Does there exist a translator that can convert programs that ran under
>version 2.3 so that they run under 2.5? Or a partial translator? Or other
>conversion tools?

Since the significant changes between 2.3 and 2.5 ( as I understand them )
have to do with the handling of stream i/o and of some of the underlining
class hierarchy, it would not seem a straightforward task to write a translator
between the two. As it is I know of none.

>--
>Martin Taylor (mmt@zorac.dciem.dnd.ca ...!uunet!dciem!mmt) (416) 635-2048
>If the universe transcends formal methods, it might be interesting.
>     (Steven Ryan).

-tim ( hansell@cis.ohio-state.edu )
* Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana *