[comp.lang.smalltalk] user interface builders

ntm1169@dsac.dla.mil (Mott Given) (02/02/90)

From article <1990Jan31.031609.15879@welch.jhu.edu>, by francois@welch.jhu.edu
> Does anyone out there know of any user interface builder

    Try Vermont Views.  It runs on IBM-compatible PCs.  I believe you can get
    the C language source code so it could be ported to other machines.
    I can't remember the name and phone number of the firm that sells it.

--
Mott Given @ Defense Logistics Agency Systems Automation Center,
             DSAC-TMP, Bldg. 27-1, P.O. Box 1605, Columbus, OH 43216-5002

Anthony_Mak_Fiorentino@cup.portal.com (02/03/90)

Also look into IntelligenceWare "Intelligence Dialog Generator". I just
got an upgrade of their Intelligence Compiler; and while I have not
evaluated the compiler I am quite impresse\d with the Dialog  Generator.
	IntelligenceWare Inc
	9800 S. Sepulveda Blvd
	Los Angeles, CA 90045-5228

dean@image.soe.clarkson.edu (Dean Swan) (02/06/90)

From article <1656@dsac.dla.mil>, by ntm1169@dsac.dla.mil (Mott Given):
> From article <1990Jan31.031609.15879@welch.jhu.edu>, by francois@welch.jhu.edu
>> Does anyone out there know of any user interface builder
>
>     Try Vermont Views.  It runs on IBM-compatible PCs.  I believe you can get
>     the C language source code so it could be ported to other machines.

Given that this is "comp.lang.smalltalk", I don't think that this is the
answer that Francois was looking for.  Digitalk supposedly has something
in the works for Smalltalk/V, and there were postings here a while ago
regarding somebody else's efforts in this area.

-Dean Swan
dean@sun.soe.clarkson.edu

tce@ann.MN.ORG (Thomas C. Evans) (02/06/90)

Dean Swan, dean@sun.soe.clarkson.edu, from
<1990Feb5.211205.5124@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> writes:
>From article <1656@dsac.dla.mil>, by ntm1169@dsac.dla.mil (Mott Given):
>> From article <1990Jan31.031609.15879@welch.jhu.edu>,
>>by francois@welch.jhu.edu
>> Does anyone out there know of any user interface builder
>>
>>     Try Vermont Views.  It runs on IBM-compatible PCs.  I believe you can
get
>>     the C language source code so it could be ported to other machines.
>
>Given that this is "comp.lang.smalltalk", I don't think that this is the
>answer that Francois was looking for.  Digitalk supposedly has something
>in the works for Smalltalk/V, and there were postings here a while ago
>regarding somebody else's efforts in this area.

Knowledge Systems Corp. of Cary NC, (919) 481 4000 has a number of
low cost class libraries and tools for building user interfaces.
For Smalltalk-80 they range from $99 to $500, for ST/V thay cost $99.
Things like "Pluggable Gauges" and "UserInterfaceTools1".

I have no connection with KSC, other than as a happy customer.

Tom

--
Thomas C. Evans            self is like insanity,                tce@ann.MN.ORG
Minneapolis MN.           its hereditary and you        {umn-cs,amdahl,hpda}...