[comp.lang.smalltalk] Midi-Smalltalk

fdp@litp.ibp.fr (Francois PACHET) (03/15/90)

Is there anyone here on the Net who ever heard of a "Midi-Smalltalk"
i.e. a set of primitives (in C or Pascal ...) with corresponding
classes and methods in Smalltalk to access and generate Midi
informations (not-on/note-off messages ...).
Please e-mail any response or idea to me, or post on the Net
if you think it could interest any body.
Thanks in advance

sdl@lyra.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (03/15/90)

In article <2950@litp.ibp.fr> fdp@litp.ibp.fr (Francois PACHET) writes:

> Is there anyone here on the Net who ever heard of a "Midi-Smalltalk"
> i.e. a set of primitives (in C or Pascal ...) with corresponding
> classes and methods in Smalltalk to access and generate Midi
> informations (not-on/note-off messages ...).

The "HyperScore Toolkit" has MIDI interface primitives, and Smalltalk
classes and methods for manipulating music.

You should try contacting Stephen Pope at ParcPlace Systems, Mountain
View, CA.

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730
(617)271-7753

ARPA:  sdl@mbunix.mitre.org
UUCP:  ...{att,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
				-- J. Napier (a.k.a. "The Joker")