[comp.lang.smalltalk] references for MVC paradigm

bernards@ecn.uucp (Marcel Bernards) (03/13/90)

L.S.
Since there are some serious problems wit usenet news here and I have
no time to spare so solve it now, I'm posting this for my collegue.

Here it comes:
----------------

Hi,

I'm looking for references on the MVC paradigm. So far I have
only found:

S.S. Adams, MetaMethods: The MVC Paradigm, HOOPLA! Vol.1, No.4, july 1988.

G.E. Krasner & S.T.A. Pops, Cookbook for Using the Model-View-Controller
User Interface Paradigm in Smalltalk-80, JOOPS, Vol.1, No.3,
August/September 1988, pp. 26-49.

Y.P. Shan, An Event-Driven Model-View-Controller Framework for Smalltalk,
OOPSLA'90 proceedings, SIGPLAN Notices, Vol. 24, No. 10, october 1989.

Does anybody know about other references? Please mail to me,
I'll summarize on the net.

                                Thanks in advance,   John Balder.

johnB@ecn.nl   johnB%ecn@{nluug.nl,uunet.uu.net}

-------
Probably johnB@ecn.nl wont work. Use balder@ecn.nl or the nluug.nl or uunet path.
M.A. Bernards, ECN System administrator
--
Marcel Bernards, UNIX & Net sysadm Netherlands Energy Research Foundation ECN
P.O. Box 1, 1755 ZG Petten, PHONE: 09 312246 4579 EARN/BITNET:ESU0130@HPEENR51

wim@ecn.uucp (Wim Rijnsburger) (03/13/90)

drs@bnlux0.bnl.gov (David R. Stampf) (03/14/90)

>I'm looking for references on the MVC paradigm. So far I have
>only found:
>
>I'll summarize on the net.
>
>                                Thanks in advance,   John Balder.
>
>johnB@ecn.nl   johnB%ecn@{nluug.nl,uunet.uu.net}

	I cannot find the reference right now, but Prentice Hall is
scheduled to release a book on Smalltalk within the next few months
(it was originally scheduled for Jan. 90) by Pough-Lalonde (excuse
my spelling) which according to the pre-publishishing blurbs is
supposed to have strong emphasis on MVC.  I really hope so - the
model is super, but you can't find much written on it.

	< dave

thomas@gemed.ge.com (Thomas J. Stirn) (03/16/90)

In article <1723@bnlux0.bnl.gov> drs@bnlux0.bnl.gov (David R. Stampf) writes:

>>	I cannot  find the  reference   right   now,  but  Prentice Hall  is
>>scheduled to release a book on Smalltalk within  the next few months (it was
>>originally scheduled for  Jan.  90) by   Pough-Lalonde (excuse my  spelling)
>>which according to the pre-publishishing  blurbs is supposed  to have strong
>>emphasis on MVC.  I really hope so - the model  is super, but you can't find
>>much written on it.

>>	< dave

The title of the book is _Inside_Smalltalk_ by  Wilf R. LaLonde  and John R.
Pugh.  Both are Professors  of Computer  Science  at Carleton University  in
Ottawa, Canada and are  regular contributors  of  a  Smalltalk column in the
Journal of Object-Oriented  Programming  (JOOP).  The  book  is purported to
survey the entire Smalltalk system including the complete window classes.

Tom