[comp.lang.smalltalk] Looking for a reference by Krasner

wilk@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Michael Wilk) (05/04/90)

I saw this in a list of references:

     G. E. Krasner, "Smalltalk-80: User Interface and Graphical
     Applications," Addison-Wesley, 1985.

Has anyone ever seen this publication?  It is not in _Books_in_Print_.  There
is another book by Krasner, but I am concerned only with the one with this
title.

Michael Wilk
wilk@cs.cornell.edu

sdl@linus.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (05/04/90)

In article <40645@cornell.UUCP> wilk@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Michael Wilk) writes:

> I saw this in a list of references:
>
>      G. E. Krasner, "Smalltalk-80: User Interface and Graphical
>      Applications," Addison-Wesley, 1985.
>
> Has anyone ever seen this publication?

This was supposed to be the fourth volume in the Smalltalk-80 series
published by Addison-Wesley. (The others were "The Language & its
Implementation," "The Interactive Programming Environment, and "Bits
of History, Words of Advice.") However, this fourth volume was never
published.  Unfortunate, because it left us with no detailed
reference to things like MVC, pluggable views, graphical editors, etc.
(although there is a little about them in the "Interactive Programming
Environment" book).

That's why I am waiting for the new book "Inside Smalltalk."

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730
(617)271-7753

ARPA:  sdl@mbunix.mitre.org
UUCP:  ...{att,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
				-- J. Napier (a.k.a. "The Joker")
--

hansell@oboe.cis.ohio-state.edu (Tim Hansell) (05/04/90)

In article <40645@cornell.UUCP> wilk@cs.cornell.edu (Michael Wilk) writes:
>I saw this in a list of references:
>
>     G. E. Krasner, "Smalltalk-80: User Interface and Graphical
>     Applications," Addison-Wesley, 1985.

	I'm not 100% certain, but I think that this book was one that was
in the works, and that Glen intended to write and publish, but never
actually got published.
	If this is the book that is supposed to talk about MVC's and such
then it is the book ( or non-book ) that I am thinking of.

	If you are really desperate I think that Glen's e-mail address
is krasner@parcplace.com or gkrasner@parcplace.com.
	I used to have that written down somewhere but cannot at the moment
find it.

>Michael Wilk
>wilk@cs.cornell.edu

-tim
---
Tim Hansell
hansell@cis.ohio-state.edu
P.O. Box 687 South Charleston, Ohio, 45268