[comp.lang.smalltalk] Window size and position in V/Mac

cohill@vtserf.cc.vt.edu (Andrew M. Cohill) (05/24/90)

I've been banging away, trying to figure out how to set a default window
size and position.  Somewhere, something is deciding that based on the
size of the screen, since the same code produces different size windows
on different size monitors.

I thought that reframe: in TopPane should set the size, but it seems to
have no effect at all.  Reframe: seems to change the framing rectangle,
which is what should affect the size, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone an idea how to do this??

--

petew@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Peter Joseph Welter) (05/30/90)

In article <1458@vtserf.cc.vt.edu> cohill@vtserf.cc.vt.edu.UUCP (Andrew M. Cohill) writes:
>I've been banging away, trying to figure out how to set a default window
>size and position.  Somewhere, something is deciding that based on the
>size of the screen, since the same code produces different size windows
>on different size monitors.
>
>I thought that reframe: in TopPane should set the size, but it seems to
>have no effect at all.  Reframe: seems to change the framing rectangle,
>which is what should affect the size, but nothing seems to work.
>
>Has anyone an idea how to do this??

In the TopDispatcher class, under the "open" method, there is a check to
see if the model implements the "initWindowSize" method.  The "initWindowSize"
method should return the default size for the window that will be opened.

Pete Welter
Apple Student Rep.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
petew@csd4.csd.uwm.edu