[comp.lang.smalltalk] Smalltalk Book: "Inside Smalltalk"

jmaloney@cs.washington.edu (John Maloney) (06/28/90)

I checked with my bookstore and the much-anticipated book "Inside Smalltalk"
by Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh was supposed to have come out in March. Does
anyone know if it is actually out? It costs $48 in paperback, but I ordered
it sight unseen because I have such high regard for the authors.

	-- John

jmaloney@cs.washington.edu (John Maloney) (06/29/90)

I'm posting this for Eugen: (thanks for the info, Eugen!)
---------------
>From: bacic@ncs.dnd.ca (Eugen Bacic)
I'm mailing this to you 'cause our news spooler has gone mental again.
I noticed you said you've been awaiting Inside Smalltalk by Wilf and
John for a while.  Well, it's out.  I've had my copy for about a month
(the authors are old profs of mine and I worked for Wilf as a student)
and they told me when the book was printed (late May).  Anyway, this is
ONLY volume I.  Volume 2 is due out by Fall.  Look for it at all good
bookstores...

If people need info on the book:

		Inside Smalltalk Volume I
		Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh
		Prentice Hall
		ISBN 0-13-468414-1

		Price: $63cdn (includes shipping/handling)

						Eugen Bacic

PS: You can put this on the net if you like so others can see it.
    Hopefully our news server will be normal by next week.

---------------

klimas@astro.pc.ab.com (06/29/90)

In article <12397@june.cs.washington.edu>, jmaloney@cs.washington.edu (John Maloney) writes:
> I checked with my bookstore and the much-anticipated book "Inside Smalltalk"
> by Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh was supposed to have come out in March. Does
> anyone know if it is actually out? It costs $48 in paperback, but I ordered
> it sight unseen because I have such high regard for the authors.
	Yep it's out!  I saw it at the Stanford U. book store, but
	the price $49 yeowwwwwwwwww!  John & Wilf you guys gotta be
	more reasonable with the pricing!

pugh@scs.carleton.ca (John Pugh) (07/03/90)

In article <12397@june.cs.washington.edu> jmaloney@cs.washington.edu (John Maloney) writes:
>I checked with my bookstore and the much-anticipated book "Inside Smalltalk"
>by Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh was supposed to have come out in March. Does
>anyone know if it is actually out? It costs $48 in paperback, but I ordered
>it sight unseen because I have such high regard for the authors.
>
>	-- John

Volume One of the book was published in mid-May and is available from the
publisher (Prentice-Hall) or your bookstore. Volume Two will be published
in mid-July.

  I hope your faith in the authors is justified. John Pugh ...