[net.movies] Lauren Bacall question

johnson@ut-ngp.UUCP (Karen B. Johnson) (12/17/85)

> From dsmith@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU Fri Dec 13 08:10:00 1985
> Andy Williams (who was still rather young at the time) was
> the singer for Miss Bacall in "To Have and Have Not".  Compare
> the voice in that movie to the voice in "Applause" or "Woman of
> the Year" - they're not quite the same.

But how do you *KNOW*?????

--K. Johnson
  UT Center for Space Research

briand@tekig4.UUCP (Brian Diehm) (12/17/85)

In article <102800021@uiucuxc> dsmith@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU writes:

>Andy Williams (who was still rather young at the time) was
>the singer for Miss Bacall in "To Have and Have Not".  Compare
>the voice in that movie to the voice in "Applause" or "Woman of
>the Year" - they're not quite the same.  I have great admiration
>for Lauren Bacall, she has a lot of style, she's beautiful, she's
>a good actress; but, I'm afraid she isn't much of a singer.

Um, didn't "Woman of the Year" star Katherine Hepburn?  And Spencer
Tracy, though I'm pretty sure he didn't do any singing. . .

-Brian Diehm
Tektronix, Inc. (UDA - usual disclaimers apply)

roger@celtics.UUCP (Roger Klorese) (12/24/85)

In article <439@tekig4.UUCP> briand@tekig4Diehm.UUCP (Brian Diehm) writes:
>In article <102800021@uiucuxc> dsmith@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU writes:
>>
>>Andy Williams (who was still rather young at the time) was
>>the singer for Miss Bacall in "To Have and Have Not".  Compare
>>the voice in that movie to the voice in "Applause" or "Woman of
>>the Year" - they're not quite the same.  I have great admiration
>>for Lauren Bacall, she has a lot of style, she's beautiful, she's
>>a good actress; but, I'm afraid she isn't much of a singer.
>
>Um, didn't "Woman of the Year" star Katherine Hepburn?  And Spencer
>Tracy, though I'm pretty sure he didn't do any singing. . .

Bacall starred in the musical of "Woman of the Year" on Broadway
(as well as in "Applause", the musical "All About Eve").

--
 ... "What were you expecting, rock'n'roll?"

Roger B.A. Klorese
Celerity Computing, 40 Speen St., Framingham, MA 01701, (617) 872-1772
UUCP: seismo!harvard!bu-cs!celtics!roger
ARPA: celtics!roger@bu-cs.ARPA