[comp.lang.smalltalk] Wanted smalltalk jobs

ari@caip.rutgers.edu (Ari Krishnaswamy) (07/25/90)

Hi,

I am taking a course in Object Oriented Languages and I was
wondering about the job prospects in this area, particularly
companies using Smalltalk.

I would appreciate if someone could let me know how
to get information regarding companies engaged in the area
of Smalltalk.

Thanks.

Ari

ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) (07/25/90)

In article <Jul.25.10.52.09.1990.23905@caip.rutgers.edu> ari@caip.rutgers.edu (Ari Krishnaswamy) writes:

>I am taking a course in Object Oriented Languages and I was
>wondering about the job prospects in this area, particularly
>companies using Smalltalk.

Dunno about right now, but since IBM endorsed Smalltalk/V
as part of SAA, I have seen the employment opportunities
widen considerably.  Microsoft and IBM are apparently big
players right now, especially for OS/2-PM development.

Course...that might just be rumours...;') ;')

--

	ken seefried iii		ken@dali.gatech.edu

	"Vee haf veyz off making you talk...release da veasles..."

ed@mdbs.uucp (Ed Harfmann) (08/02/90)

In article <11801@hydra.gatech.EDU> ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) writes:

>Dunno about right now, but since IBM endorsed Smalltalk/V
>as part of SAA, I have seen the employment opportunities
>widen considerably.  Microsoft and IBM are apparently big
>players right now, especially for OS/2-PM development.
>
>Course...that might just be rumours...;') ;')

The article that 'says' that IBM is endorsing "Smalltalk/V" as a
standard development platform was retracted the following week because
no one at IBM ever said that they were endorsing it.  This does not
mean that Object/Oriented development is not suggested for PM.  It
just means that Smalltalk/V has not been 'Blessed'.  Other
Object/Oriented development systems are available for OS/2 and
PM development.  My company produces one of these others.

Ed Harfmann, Object/1 Project Manager.

The views expressed are purely my own, and do not reflect those of
mdbs. inc.