[net.movies] cinemagraphic musical numerology

brianu@ada-uts.UUCP (12/20/85)

I have a question for those of you out there with a deeper understanding
of all things cosmic.  Remember the movie "Hair"?  Remember the war rally
scene that takes place on the Mall in Washington D.C.? Now for the big
one; remember the song that is sung in this scene?  The lyrics go something
like this "It's a dirty little war. 3-5-0-0. Take weapons up and begin
to kill"...   Well, my question is: what is 3-5-0-0 refering to?  Anyone
out there know?

Also, while we are on musical numerology, what is the significance  of the
song "25 or 6 to 4"?  Help me out on these, o.k.?

Brian Utterback
Intermetrics Inc.
733 Concord Ave. Cambridge MA. 02138. (617) 661-1840
UUCP: {cca!ima,ihnp4}!inmet!ada-uts!brianu
LIFE: UCLA!PCS!TELOS!CRAY!I**2

rdz@ccice5.UUCP (Robert D. Zarcone) (12/26/85)

In article <11000014@ada-uts.UUCP>, brianu@ada-uts.UUCP writes:

> I have a question for those of you out there with a deeper understanding
> of all things cosmic.  Remember the movie "Hair"?  Remember the war rally
> scene that takes place on the Mall in Washington D.C.? Now for the big
> one; remember the song that is sung in this scene?  The lyrics go something
> like this "It's a dirty little war. 3-5-0-0. Take weapons up and begin
> to kill"...   Well, my question is: what is 3-5-0-0 refering to?  Anyone
> out there know?
>
> Also, while we are on musical numerology, what is the significance  of the
> song "25 or 6 to 4"?  Help me out on these, o.k.?

I always thought (and probably wrongly) that 3-5-0-0 is the year 3500.
As for 25 or 6 to 4, there were, at the time, two explanations I was
familiar with.  The "straight" version said it was 25 or 26 minutes to
4 o'clock.  The "cool" version said it was LSD 25 and 6 to 4 was one of
the drug's mixture ratios.  I guess either version would fit the lyrics.