[comp.lang.smalltalk] ST/V Mac Executables?

jr@amanue.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) (08/13/90)

A recent article mentioned that Windows will join PM as an environment for
which Smalltalk/V can generate stand-alone executables.

What about the Mac OS?  Any talk about generating executables for the Mac?
Not being able to generate stand-alone programs on *all* of its environments
is the main weakness of ST/V, IMHO.
--
 Jim Rosenberg                                               -- cgh!amanue!jr
     CIS: 71515,124                              UUCP:         /    /    |

klimas@astro.pc.ab.com (08/15/90)

In article <482@amanue.UUCP>, jr@amanue.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) writes:
> A recent article mentioned that Windows will join PM as an environment for
> which Smalltalk/V can generate stand-alone executables.
>
> What about the Mac OS?  Any talk about generating executables for the Mac?
> Not being able to generate stand-alone programs on *all* of its environments
> is the main weakness of ST/V, IMHO.
	I believe that Object Technology International in Ottawa has tools
	to generate stand-alone programs and has even generated ROMed
	Smalltalk for embedded applications.