In article <HUGGINS.90Nov16123727@dino.ti.com> huggins@ticipa.ti.com (Gray Huggins) writes:

   From: huggins@ticipa.ti.com (Gray Huggins)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.smalltalk
   Date: 16 Nov 90 18:37:27 GMT
   Sender: news@ticipa.pac.sc.ti.com

   Hello,
     One of the programmers on our staff would like to incorporate the Sun
   SPARCstation 1+ sound capabilities into our system through SmallTalk-80.  Has
   anyone done something like this?  Any help would be appreciated.

   Thanks,
   --
   Gray Huggins                   Internet: huggins@ticipa.ti.com
   Texas Instruments

The next release of GNU Smalltalk (1.2) will have an example that does some
simple things with the sound port on SPARCstations.  It's easy to extend it to
do more interesting things.

The next release of GNU Smalltalk is targetted for late December.

Steve