[comp.lang.smalltalk] SmallTalk on the Silicon Graphics IRIS

edelson@play.corp.sgi.com (John Edelson) (12/11/90)

Is anyone out there using Small Talk on the IRIS and if so, what versions and
from what vendors?

Also, are there many people out there who would use Small Talk on
the IRIS if it were available?

John Edelson
Manager, Developers Relations
Silicon Graphics
2011 N. Shoreline Blvd
Mountain View, CA 94039

415 335-1532
fax 415 962-9601

edelson@sgi.com

warner@scubed.com (Ken Warner) (12/12/90)

    In article <1990Dec10.212241.13727@odin.corp.sgi.com> edelson@play.corp.sgi.com (John Edelson) writes:
    >Is anyone out there using Small Talk on the IRIS and if so, what versions
    >and from what vendors? Also, are there many people out there who would
    >use Small Talk on the IRIS if it were available?

I talked to ParcPlace a few days ago about ObjectWorks on SGI platforms.  Sez
they, not yet...never more? :-}  But it seems to me that with the support for
color in 4.0, it would be a great platform to support.

I'll take a browser and Smalltalk over vi and C any day.  (Flames to /dev/null)

Ken Warner
warner@scubed.scubed.com