[comp.lang.smalltalk] NetMail replies

Paul.Regenhardt@p0.f500.n5000.z200.METRONET.ORG (Paul Regenhardt) (01/13/91)

I am really encouraged by all the netmail that I have received on
the International Smalltalk Association (ISA) newsletter, but we still
need more of you to write articles on your experiences, what you have
been working with, and related topics!  Part of the ISA mission is to
inform Smalltalk programmers of the Smalltalk events and happenings
around the world.  If you know of an event, a local group, or would
like to start a group - please let me know!  ISA needs to hear from
you to make it work!

Michael Muller Bellcore wrote:
> ...  you mentioned a ... course in smalltalk.  Was this a
> (relatively brief) commercially offered training course?
> If so, would you tell me how to arrange to take it?
Yes!  The course was offered through Digitalk.  The actual course
was done by a company called Artifact.  Tom Wrensch was one of the
instructors, you might contact him at (800-247-3402) to see when
the next course is going to be offered.  They also have several
things in the works including a new book, an AI package,
something on Magnitudes and Data Structures.  Sorry I cann't
be more precise...hopefully there will be an ISA article on
it someday soon!

To: boulder!kirk!swain (Mark Swain)
>Could you send directions (for the regional Rocky Mountain ISA
meeting)
> to me ... I will be coming from Boulder.
Sure!  Take I-25 to the Evans exit.  Turn Left (East).  Watch for
the Plaza 6000 sign on the right.  It's just before the McDonalds
(on the left, if you pass McDonalds you've gone to far).

To: boulder!cs.umass.edu!moss%ibis (Eliot Moss)
Your Smalltalk interpreter sounds *VERY* interesting!  Could you
elaborate?  What platforms does it run on, any graphics, which
implementation of the language.....????
Also, how are you handling persistent objects?

I would like to confirm the following people have been added to the
ISA newsletter at their request:  Charles Allen, J. Eliot B. Moss,
KC Wong, Chris Kacorski, and Ken Warner.

To: Mark Ballard @vice.ICO.TEK.COM
Sorry guy!  I need your address in order to add you to the ISA
mailing list!

To those wanting more information on the PD Smalltalk Software:
The code is free, just send me a diskette and a self addressed
stamped envelope to: (Simulation Sciences inc, ATTN: Paul Regenhardt,
6000 E. Evans Ave, Bldg 3 Suite 201, Denver, CO 80222).  I am
also still taking contributions for the second volume, anyone who
sends code in will automatically recieve the second volume.

My apologies for not replying individually to each message, but I still
lack direct posting to this topic (I can only reply to messages), and
haven't figured out the netmail addressing yet.
               - Making Smalltalk in Denver -> Paul Regenhardt
--- ZMailQ 1.12 (QuickBBS)
 * Origin: Jaguar's NetWorking Labs, (303)377-2371 HST/v.32 (200:5000/500.0)

Paul Regenhardt - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
The Bohemia BBS System, Boulder Colorado (303)449-8946
UUCP:  Paul.Regenhardt@p0.f500.n5000.z200.METRONET.ORG
 or :  ...!boulder!bohemia.METRONET.ORG!500.0!Paul.Regenhardt