[comp.lang.smalltalk] About that NETMAIL you sent me . . .

Paul.Regenhardt@p0.f500.n5000.z200.METRONET.ORG (Paul Regenhardt) (01/13/91)

Well, they changed something or other here my local BBS, and I hope
that it hasn't affected my posting or where these messages go when I
save them away.  On the up side, it looks like even though I use the
REPLY function, I can still redirect my messages...anyway, on to the
good stuff...

From my NETMAIL I would like to confirm the following people have
been added to the ISA mailing list:  Myron Cheung, Peter Goodall,

To: boulder!uncecs.edu!ncsust (Paul Marsh)
I'm afraid I need a regular postal mailing address for the ISA
newsletter, not a network address.  I wouldn't mind the newsletter
being on the net, it's primarily my ignorance in how to get it there
that prevents it.  The ISA newsletter is intended to be a small
publication, simple and plain.  It's primary purpose is to keep it's
readers informed about what is going on in the international Smalltalk
community.  With this is mind, we are very interested in what you are
doing and what you are thinking!  The newsletter doesn't pay for
submissions, but you bet we'd like to see your article!

To: Tim Arnold, Statistics Instructional Computing Laboratory I'll
need your full address in order to add you the mailing list for the
ISA newsletter.

To: boulder!extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU!objtch (Peter Goodall)
Yes Please!  The Smalltalk code you've written sounds incredible.
Donating it to the public would certainly get a lot of people excited.
Please keep me informed as to your progress.

To: boulder!milton.u.washington.edu!rsiler (Randy Siler)
You wrote:
> I'm interested to know more about the Smalltalk code you distribute.
> Could you please send any relevant info (prices, lists of what there
> is, what it requires, etc.)
The code is free (just send a diskette and a self addressed stamped
envelope to: Simulation Sciences inc, ATTN: Paul Regenhardt, 6000 East
Evans Ave, Bldg 3 Suite 201, Denver, CO 80222).  There is no writeup
on the code, it's just "stuff" that was donated from the Smalltalk
user groups across the country (and one from Finland).  The code is
all "as is" directly from that user group.  There's nothing Earth
shaking in the first volume, but there are a lot of neat little odds
and ends like timed menus (menus that go away without having to be
"clicked" off), some real text editing functions, little stuff like
that.  The second volume I'm putting together now has more in the way
of complete tools, the most notable of which is the HyperTextEditor
and HyperTextDisplay. The editor allows you to build files for the
display system.  We're are currently using this system as a context
sensitive hypertext help system in our application, so it's already
got a good deal of polish on it.  I hope that helps some.

                      Making Smalltalk in Denver -- Paul Regenhardt
--- QuickBBS 2.75 Ovr (Gamma-1)
 * Origin: Jaguar's NetWorking Labs, (303)377-2371 HST/v.32 (200:5000/500.0)

Paul Regenhardt - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
The Bohemia BBS System, Boulder Colorado (303)449-8946
UUCP:  Paul.Regenhardt@p0.f500.n5000.z200.METRONET.ORG
 or :  ...!boulder!bohemia.METRONET.ORG!500.0!Paul.Regenhardt