[comp.lang.smalltalk] WindowMaker Source Code

ags@scs.carleton.ca (Alexander George Morison Smith) (12/15/90)

I've obtained the WindowMaker Smalltalk source code from Wilf Lalonde.
This is the window construction kit described in volume two of "Inside
Smalltalk" by Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh.

For those of you that don't like typing in listings :-), I have uploaded
it to the FTP server at Carleton U.  The site name is
alfred.ccs.carleton.ca or [134.117.1.1] if you don't have a name server.
Look in directory pub/smalltalk/WindowMaker for the source code and a
readme file.

- Alex  (ags@scs.carleton.ca)

ags@scs.carleton.ca (Alexander George Morison Smith) (12/15/90)

Almost forgot, use "anonymous" as the userid for logging on to
alfred.ccs.carleton.ca when getting the WindowMaker source code.

- Alex

ags@scs.carleton.ca (Alexander George Morison Smith) (12/18/90)

I've uploaded an even better version of the WindowMaker Smalltalk source
code from Wilf Lalonde.  This is the window construction kit described
in volume two of "Inside Smalltalk" by Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh.
Various small bugs have been removed and the missing slide method added.

For those of you that don't like typing in listings :-), I have uploaded
it to the FTP server at Carleton U.  The site name is
alfred.ccs.carleton.ca or [134.117.1.1] if you don't have a name server.
Sign on with user id "anonymous" and give your address as the password.
Look in directory pub/smalltalk/WindowMaker for the source code and a
readme file.  You should FTP the files in binary mode since they contain
lines terminated with carriage returns (Macintosh style).  UNIX will
just think that the file contains one very long line.

- Alex

ncsust@uncecs.edu (Paul Marsh) (01/11/91)

In article <1990Dec14.214942.7745@ccs.carleton.ca>, ags@scs.carleton.ca (Alexander George Morison Smith) writes:
> I've obtained the WindowMaker Smalltalk source code from Wilf Lalonde.
> This is the window construction kit described in volume two of "Inside
> Smalltalk" by Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh.
>
> - Alex  (ags@scs.carleton.ca)

Has anyone tried using this code?  I filed it in on a Sun Sparc
running ST80 version 2.5, but it never worked.  I think the
readme file said it should run on ParcPlace ST, version 2.5,
but I may be wrong.

Any info on this code or other sources for ST80 public domain
libraries would be welcome.
Thanks,

Tim Arnold
NC State, Dept of Statistics
arnold@eslaba.ncsu.edu
bitnet: arnold@ncsustat

boissier@irisa.fr (franck boissiere) (01/14/91)

From article <1991Jan10.213809.13233@uncecs.edu>, by ncsust@uncecs.edu (Paul Marsh):
> Has anyone tried using this code?  I filed it in on a Sun Sparc
> running ST80 version 2.5, but it never worked.  I think the
> readme file said it should run on ParcPlace ST, version 2.5,
> but I may be wrong.

There is some problem to load the code on something else than a Mac.
This is due to some initialization methods which uses the fact that the
EOL char on a Mac is CR thus it wont work on Suns. What you can do
is load the code on a Mac save the image and run this image on a Sun. I
did it it works.

--
Franck BOISSIERE                        boissier@irisa.irisa.fr
Prototyping Lab Manager                 boissier@ccettix.UUCP