[comp.lang.smalltalk] Smalltalk documentation for versions 2.5 and 4.0

afc@klaatu.cc.purdue.edu (Greg Flint) (01/17/91)

I've been reading the comments that say that the documentation for 4.0 is not
as complete as that for 2.5.  Would there be any use in keeping the 2.5
documentation as an addendum to that for 4.0 or are the versions too different
for this plan to make sense.

....Greg Flint (afc@klaatu.cc.purdue.edu)

pnm@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Paul Menon) (01/17/91)

In article <3871@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, afc@klaatu.cc.purdue.edu (Greg Flint) writes:
> I've been reading the comments that say that the documentation for 4.0 is not
> as complete as that for 2.5.  Would there be any use in keeping the 2.5
> documentation as an addendum to that for 4.0 or are the versions too different
> for this plan to make sense.

Hang onto the old stuff! You may not be able to use the tutorials or most
of the graphics info.  But don't throw it away!

Paul Menon
pnm@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au