[comp.lang.smalltalk] ISA

Paul.Regenhardt@p0.f500.n5000.z200.METRONET.ORG (Paul Regenhardt) (02/24/91)

(Concepts for the ISA bylaws -- Continued)

Deciding Issues
o  Only items on the agenda can be voted for at that time, any new
   business must be put on the agenda for the next meeting.
o  Members can submit their ballots by proxy within four
   weeks of the election.
o  Members shall receive notice of meetings and agendas
   before the meeting, at least 1 week in advance.
o  Any business may be added to the agenda for the next
   meeting at the current meeting.
o  A 2/3 majority of votes cast is required to modify the bylaws.
o  No quorum is required for any item on the agenda to be passed.
   A majority of the votes cast will pass the issue (except as above).

Committees
o  Committees at the international level do not have to have the
   complete body meet to make decisions.  It is expected that
   international committees will be split among members from several
   regional groups and it is recognized that it may be very difficult
   for the body to meet as a whole.
o  Committees can form their own subcommittees at the discretion
   of the committee chairman.
o  Committee chairman are appointed and removed by the
   executive committee.
o  Charter items should include:
                 - Keeping track of Educational opportunities
                 - Providing Educational opportunities
                 - Keeping track of Commercial off the shelf Software
                - Establishing a repository of reusable code
                 - Keeping track of literature pertaining to Smalltalk
o  Standing committee chairmen are members of the executive
   committee

Do you Still have questions about ISA?  Drop me a note, I'll do what
I can to explain it!
                       Making Smalltalk in Denver -- Paul Regenhardt
--- QuickBBS 2.75 Ovr (Gamma-1)
 * Origin: Jaguar's NetWorking Labs, (303)377-2371 HST/v.32 (200:5000/500.0)

Paul Regenhardt - via MetroNet node 200:5000/301
The Bohemia BBS System, Boulder Colorado (303)449-8946
UUCP:  Paul.Regenhardt@p0.f500.n5000.z200.METRONET.ORG
 or :  ...!boulder!bohemia.METRONET.ORG!500.0!Paul.Regenhardt

sticklen@pleiades.cps.msu.edu (02/26/91)

In article <59.27C8DEA1@bohemia.metronet.org>
Paul.Regenhardt@p0.f500.n5000.z200.METRONET.ORG (Paul Regenhardt) writes:

paul,
  i would like to join ISA - my address is below. i can't seem to get an email
to you, for the rest of us on the internet, you might list a path to get to
your server from the internet.
  thanks,
    ---jon--

Jon Sticklen