[comp.lang.smalltalk] gnu-keys for PP-ST80/4

kasper@iesd.auc.dk (Kasper Osterbye) (03/15/91)

The goodie "ParagraphEditor-gnukeys.st" was one of those I had come to
like the most when using ST-80 vers 2.5. Now a number of things has
changed in release 4, so I was wondering if there was anyone out there
that had made a similar thing for release 4?

--Kasper
--
Kasper Osterbye                     Internet: kasper@iesd.auc.dk
Institute for electronic systems    Aalborg University

mario@cs.man.ac.uk (Mario Wolczko) (03/17/91)

In article <KASPER.91Mar15084826@blue.iesd.auc.dk>, kasper@iesd.auc.dk (Kasper Osterbye) writes:
> The goodie "ParagraphEditor-gnukeys.st" was one of those I had come to
> like the most when using ST-80 vers 2.5. Now a number of things has
> changed in release 4, so I was wondering if there was anyone out there
> that had made a similar thing for release 4?

Not exactly the same thing, but it might get you started...  I have
placed in the Manchester archive a little thing I cooked up recently
to bind the keys "copy", "paste" etc on the SUN type 4 keyboard to
those editing functions.  It's called SUNFunKey.st.  (There are still
a couple of minor problems to be worked out with it, but they
shouldn't affect what you're trying to do.)

This should get you going on how to bind keys to methods (regardless
of keyboard type).  You'll need to verify that the methods in
gnukeys.st still work, and fix them if they don't...Good luck, and be
sure to post any solution you find!

Mario Wolczko

   ______      Dept. of Computer Science   Internet:      mario@cs.man.ac.uk
 /~      ~\    The University              uucp:      mcsun!ukc!man.cs!mario
(    __    )   Manchester M13 9PL          JANET:         mario@uk.ac.man.cs
 `-':  :`-'    U.K.                        Tel: +44-61-275 6146  (FAX: 6280)