[comp.lang.smalltalk] Smalltalk Keymappings

cozza@cshl.org (Steven Cozza) (03/28/91)

I have a question regarding the keyboard mapping of Objectworks/Smalltalk
release 4.0 on a Sparcstation 1. How do I get the keypad arrow keys to
actually work?

Steven Cozza
Internet:	cozza@cshl.org
US Mail:	Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
		Box 100
		1 Bungtown Road
		Cold Spring Harbor
		New York, 11724

khaw@parcplace.com (Mike Khaw) (03/29/91)

In <1991Mar27.221829.6028@cshl.org> cozza@cshl.org (Steven Cozza) writes:

>I have a question regarding the keyboard mapping of Objectworks/Smalltalk
>release 4.0 on a Sparcstation 1. How do I get the keypad arrow keys to
>actually work?

The short answer is: modify ParagraphEditor class>>initializeDispatchTable
to associate cursor motion messages with cursor keystrokes. The longer
answer is: there is an example on ParcBench, ParcPlace's dialup BBS,
that shows a sample implementation of cursor keys (in a download area
that is, however, restricted to ObjectSupport subscribers). The file is
called cursorKeysR4.st. ParcBench is at 415-691-6716, 300|1200|2400bps,
8N1. There is no charge for its use other than what you pay your phone
company for the phone call.
--
Mike Khaw
ParcPlace Systems, Inc., 1550 Plymouth St., Mountain View, CA 94043