[net.movies] Movie Review Book

fritz@utastro.UUCP (Fritz Benedict) (01/06/86)

><
Roger Ebert (of the Ebert/Siskel Movie review program) has a new book out
which may have some interest to netters. Ebert is movie critic for Chicago
Sun-Times. The paperback book, 'Roger Ebert's Home Movie Companion'
has medium-length reviews of about 400 recent (since 1980) movies.
I find his reviews entertaining. They are also useful, since he and I have
similar tastes in movies. I now have a list of 80 or so movies to rent, all
guaranteed winners.

     Roger Ebert's Home Movie Companion
     Andrews, McMeel, and Parker
     1985
     ISBN 08362-6209-3

     ~ $9

--
Fritz Benedict  (512)471-4461x448
uucp: {...noao,decvax,ut-sally}!utastro!fritz

tivisentin@water.UUCP (Terry Visentin) (01/23/86)

In article <1137@cvl.UUCP> kayuucee@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) writes:
>> "TV Movies" is the Leonard Maltin book, and is always complete.
>>
>> --Charles B. Francois    {...,decvax,allegra}!yale!francois
>
>	Sorry to disagree with youbut the above statement is wrong. I have a
>copy of Maltin's 1985-1986 book and it is missing one movie I know of. I'm
>sure of this because I got the movie as a video cassette for Christmas and
>attempted to look it up in Maltin's book. The title is CALL IT MURDER from
>1934. While it is a very good film, I like it even more because one of the
>characters is man of questionable employment portrayed by Humphrey Bogart.
>This is long before Bogart made it big in movies, but you can see he was
>great even then.
>						Star-Lord

CALL IT MURDER was originally titled MIDNIGHT.  You'll find it by that title
in Leonard Maltin's book.
                                       Terry Visentin