[comp.lang.smalltalk] WindowBuilder/V

mjb@netcom.netcom.COM (Martin Brown) (05/02/91)

In the latest isuue of "Smalltalk/V Scoop", vol. IV No. 2, 1991, there is a
"promo" for WindowBuilder/V, from Acumen Software, which is an interactive
user interface builder for Smalltalk/V Windows (Digitalk).

MSRP is $149.00, but can be had for $99.oo through May 31, 1991.

Is it actually shipping, yet?

Has anybody seen it? Used it?

Any other pertinent info?

Opinions about it?

Thanx for any info!

                                  - mjb -

                               mjb@netcom.com

cooper@netcom.COM (Ken Cooper) (05/03/91)

>> In the latest isuue of "Smalltalk/V Scoop", vol. IV No. 2, 1991, there is a
>> "promo" for WindowBuilder/V, from Acumen Software, which is an interactive
>> user interface builder for Smalltalk/V Windows (Digitalk).
>>
>> MSRP is $149.00, but can be had for $99.oo through May 31, 1991.

Actually, that was a mistake.  We're offering it for the intro price until
the end of June.

>> Is it actually shipping, yet?

Not yet.  It will be available next Wednesday, May 8.

>> Has anybody seen it? Used it?

Yep.  What a great product!  :-)

Ken Cooper
Acumen Software
cooper@netcom.com

Will@cup.portal.com (Will E Estes) (05/04/91)

<
<MSRP is $149.00, but can be had for $99.oo through May 31, 1991.
<
<Is it actually shipping, yet?
<Has anybody seen it? Used it?
<Any other pertinent info?
<Opinions about it?

I'm one of the Beta Testers for this product, and I can recommend it.
There is no question that it will help you to build a user interface
much faster than you could without it.  For the price, it's a good
deal.  Please note that I'm not affiliated with Acumen in any way
(I've never met or even talked on the phone with anyone from Acumen.)

Will Estes        Internet: Will@cup.portal.com
                  UUCP: apple!cup.portal.com!Will

rdthomps@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Robert D. Thompson) (05/05/91)

In article <41981@cup.portal.com> Will@cup.portal.com (Will E Estes) writes:
><In the latest isuue of "Smalltalk/V Scoop", vol. IV No. 2, 1991, there is a
>I'm one of the Beta Testers for this product, and I can recommend it.
>There is no question that it will help you to build a user interface
>much faster than you could without it.  For the price, it's a good
>deal.  Please note that I'm not affiliated with Acumen in any way
>(I've never met or even talked on the phone with anyone from Acumen.)
>
>Will Estes        Internet: Will@cup.portal.com
>                  UUCP: apple!cup.portal.com!Will

	Will there be a version for Smalltalk V/PM by any chance ?

	Does Acumen plan to develop a version of PM ?

	Thanks...Regards |(8>
---
Robert

keithp@nwnexus.WA.COM (Keith Pleas) (05/05/91)

The fellow from Acumen who hangs out in the Digitalk forum on Compuserve
said a couple of days ago that it should ship on May 8th.  FWIW, it is
NOT a port of their Widgets product to the ST/V Windows environment.  Also,
Digitalk will be coming out with a similar but more powerful package
called the "Look-and-Feel Kit" will ship in "early fall", according to
their newsletter.

cooper@netcom.COM (Ken Cooper) (05/06/91)

Robert,

>>	Will there be a version for Smalltalk V/PM by any chance ?

Yes.  Expect a release this summer, with identical capabilities.

Ken

jaz@icd.ab.com (Jack A. Zucker) (05/06/91)

Is there a version that works with ObjectWorks ?

| Jack A Zucker	                 {cwjcc,pyramid,decvax,uunet}!jaz@icd.ab.com |
| Allen-Bradley Company, Inc.     or                       ICCGCC::ZUCKER    |
| 747 Alpha Drive
| Highland Hts., OH 44143         phone: (216) 646-4668   FAX: (216)
646-4484 |