[comp.lang.smalltalk] 2nd Conf. on Software Engineering and A.I.

hassan@prl.dec.com (Hassan Ait-Kaci) (05/24/91)

Dear Netters,

I am forwarding the following announcement from the Logic distribution
list, with headers kept but mildly edited for spelling and presentation
format. I encourage all to submit -- for one thing, Tunis (and Tunisia) is
a beautiful place. Please do not contact me for further information as this
is all I know.  I am not involved in the organization, nor was I asked to
assist in any way, nor do I know the organizers, but I took on myself to
advertize and disseminate it as widely as possible. This is just meant as a
modest token of encouragement from me to the organizers, as I know how hard
it is to people in that part of the world doing research to keep abreast
with what is going on in the rest of the world. (I myself am originally
from Algeria).

Apologies to those who are seeing this for the umpteenth time.

Kind regards,

-hak

Date: Thu, 23 May 91 13:06:53 EDT
To: logic@theory.lcs.mit.edu
From: Gianna Reggio <REGGIO@IGECUNIV.BITNET>
Sender: meyer@theory.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: [REGGIO%IGECUNIV.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu: contribution for the list]

Date:         Thu, 23 May 91 17:54 ITA

			    CALL  FOR  PAPERS

		    SECOND MAGHREB CONFERENCE ON
	    SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

                         TUNIS  13-16 April 1992

ORGANIZERS:

   University of Tunis - Tunisia
   Tunisian Information Processing Society - Tunisia
   University of Constantine - Algeria

SPONSORS (solicited):

   IEEE   Computer Society - Washington
   IFIP   International Federation for Information Processing - Geneva
   AICA   Associazione Italiana per il Calcolo Automatico - Milano
   AFCET  Association Francaise pour la Cybernetique Economique et
          Technique - Paris

   This is the second of a series of Maghreb-wide conferences started in
   September 1989 in Constantine (Algeria). Also, this conference is part
   of a two-pillar program of technology transfer that TIPS (Tunisian
   Information Processing Society) is planning to implement on a Maghreb-wide
   scale: the first pillar is a series of biennial conferences whose purpose
   is to present state-of-the-art research conducted worldwide on Software
   Engineering and Artificial Intelligence. The second pillar is a series
   of biennial schools, held alternatively with the conferences, which
   consist of a set of short courses on Software Engineering and Artificial
   Intelligence, and which serves as a forum of exchange between the academic
   and the industrial milieu in the maghreb.

   From one conference to the next, the theme of the conference is selected
   on the basis of the interest of the moment, and the pertinence of these
   interests to our region.

TOPICS

   The topics for this conference are the following:

        - Software specification and verification
        - Object oriented languages and systems
        - Distributed systems
        - Software project management
        - Software engineering education.

GENERAL CHAIR

   Noureddine Boudriga
   Faculte des Sciences de Tunis
   Departement d'Informatique
   1002 Tunis Belvedere - Tunisie

PROGRAM CHAIRS

    Ali Mili                           Mohamed Bettaz
    Faculte des Sciences de Tunis      Institut d'Informatique
    Departement d'Informatique         Universite de Constantine
    1002 Tunis Belvedere - Tunisie     2500 Constantine - Algerie

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

    E. Astesiano - Genova              B. Belkhouche - New Orleans
    A. Ben Cherifa - Tunis             C. Ben Yelles - Alger
    M. Bidoit - Paris                  N. Boudriga - Tunis
    M. Broy - Munich                   N. Cercone - Vancouver
    C. Choppy - Paris                  J. Desharnais - Quebec
    R. Dssouli - Sherbrooke            J. Eder - Vienna
    A. El Magarmid - West Lafayette    A. El Iraki - Rabat
    J. Feki - Sfax                     J.P. Finance - Nancy
    A. Ferchichi - Tunis               P. Freeman - Atlanta
    M. Gafsi - Tunis                   M. Ghellab - Toulouse
    F. Gherfal - Tripoli               A. Jaoua - Quebec
    M. Jazayeri - Palo Alto            R. Lazrak- Rabat
    Ch. Marlin - Adelaide              M. Maourane - Nouakchott
    F. Mhidi - Detroit                 R. Mittermeier - Klgenfurt
    B. Raggad - Tunis                  G. Rose - Brisbane
    Z. Sahnoun - Constantine           M. Shaw - Pittisburg
    Y. Slimani - Tunis                 J. Urban - Tucson
    K. Zeroual - Sherbrooke

INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS

    Authors are invited to submit 3 copies of original contributions in
    Arabic, French, or English, to the general chair. Submissions must
    be printed on one side of the page only and should not exceed 20 double
    spaced pages.

ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE

     Promotion:            A. Ferchichi - Tunis
                           B. El Ayeb - Sherbroke
     Tutorials:            S. Guemara El Fatmi - Tunis
     Local Arrangements:   M. Chemmam - Tunis
     Registration:         A. Ben Cherifa - Tunis
     Proceedings:          Y. Slimani - Tunis

INFORMATION

     Faculte des Sciences de Tunis
     Departement d'Informatique
     1002 Tunis Belvedere - Tunisie