[comp.lang.smalltalk] Multiple inheritance in Smalltalk-80 2.5

acueto@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Alberto Cueto) (06/08/91)

I have a problem implementing a new system in Smalltalk-80 2.5, that could
be easily solved using multiple inheritance. What mechanisms are normally
used to simulate multiple inheritance in Smalltalk? Any help will be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Alberto Cueto		acueto@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu

sticken@pleiades.cps.msu.edu (06/08/91)

In article <6385@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> acueto@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Alberto Cueto)
writes:
>I have a problem implementing a new system in Smalltalk-80 2.5, that could
>be easily solved using multiple inheritance. What mechanisms are normally
>used to simulate multiple inheritance in Smalltalk? Any help will be
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Alberto Cueto           acueto@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu

and i'd like to add to that list the same question for PP r4. i'm new to small
talk too, and would like to know the "standard" workaround for doing multiple
inheritance.

  ---jon---