[comp.lang.smalltalk] Smalltalk V on a Toshiba 3100e

fore057@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (06/21/91)

I've been using Smalltalk V on an XT for some time with no problems.  However,
I recently bought a Toshiba 3100e, and I can't get the mouse arrow to show
properly.  Instead of the arrow, I get a 1/4" horizontal line, and the
activation zone is 1" to the left of it on the left hand side of the screen,
and similarly to the right on the right hand side if the screen.  I have filed
in 'toshiba.st', but still no dice.

Can you help, please?

Regards,
Euan

In article <1991Jun21.190254.1162@csc.canterbury.ac.nz>, fore057@csc.canterbury.ac.nz writes:

> I've been using Smalltalk V on an XT for some time with no problems.  However,
> I recently bought a Toshiba 3100e, and I can't get the mouse arrow to show
> properly.  Instead of the arrow, I get a 1/4" horizontal line, and the
> activation zone is 1" to the left of it on the left hand side of the screen,
> and similarly to the right on the right hand side if the screen.  I have filed
> in 'toshiba.st', but still no dice.
>
> Can you help, please?

Problem solved, thanks.  It was the mouse driver that didn't support ATT video.