[comp.lang.lisp] KCL system functions on SUN-3

schnoebe@lifia.UUCP (Philippe Schnoebelen ) (11/13/86)

I am  using Kyoto Common  Lisp (KCL) on a  SUN3 workstation. KCL compiles Lisp
into C,  which provides a very  easy interface between Lisp   and  C.  Now, it
should be easy to write a  Lisp package that  would give direct  access to all
graphics, windowing, ..  toolbox and system  functions, basically all you have
to do  is to find  names  for your Lisp functions  and  to write  the standard
interface code for every one of them.

Well, this should be easy  but  if anyone has already  done it, I would really
prefer to use his code rather than writing it myself (and then debugging it).

Anybody has ?

Much thanks in advance,
--
Philippe SCHNOEBELEN,
LIFIA - IMAG,  BP 68                           UUCP : ...mcvax!imag!lifia!phs

"Algebraic symbols are used when you do not know what you are talking about."

huds@ur-tut.UUCP (Andrew Hudson) (11/14/86)

This Kyoto Common LISP sounds very interesting! I'll soon be working
on a Convex attempting to support C library calls from  some LISP.
If Kyoto LISP is portable then the job is trivial. Has anyone
seen the source to KCL or can speak about its portability??

A. Hudson

jbs@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Jeff Siegal) (11/14/86)

In article <843@ur-tut.UUCP> huds@ur-tut.UUCP (Andrew Hudson) writes:
>This Kyoto Common LISP sounds very interesting!

Yes.  I agree.  Can someone post availability, licensing, etc.
information?

Thanks,
Jeff Siegal

ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (11/14/86)

In article <1001@lifia.UUCP> mcvax!imag!lifia!phs writes:
>I am using Kyoto Common Lisp (KCL) on a SUN3 workstation. KCL compiles Lisp
>into C, which provides a very easy interface between Lisp  and C. Now, it
>should be easy to write a Lisp package that would give direct access to all
>graphics, windowing, .. toolbox and system functions, basically all you have
>to do is to find names for your Lisp functions and to write the standard
>interface code for every one of them.
>
>Well, this should be easy but if anyone has already done it, I would really
>prefer to use his code rather than writing it myself (and then debugging it).

Recent versions of Sun Common Lisp (a Lucid derivative) has SunView support
built into it, it would probably be wise to use the same routines names, etc
for compatibility.  Tim Freeman (tsf@theory.cs.cmu.edu) has written graphics
packages for various versions of Common Lisp, he may have more details.
--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.

Internet: ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu    Phone: (412) 268-2847 [CMU-BUGS], 268-3275
Amateur Radio: KA3PLY (c/o W3VC, CMU Radio Club)

eeproks@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (K. J. Seefried iii) (11/14/86)

--

Could you please post the KCL info to the net?  I'm sure many people are
interested

K. J. Seefried iii
P.O. Box 30104, Georgia Insitute of Technology, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!eeproks