[comp.lang.lisp] Thanks, but

bart@reed.UUCP (02/05/87)

In article <9849@sri-spam.istc.sri.com> jeffr@sri-spam.UUCP
(Jeff Rininger) writes:

> In article <15320@glacier.STANFORD.EDU> jbn@glacier.UUCP
> (John B. Nagle) writes:
> >
> >      This subject was covered adequately in the original Franz Lisp
> >manual (October, 1980), in section 8.4, "Foreign Subroutines and
> >Functions", in the "Functions and Macros" chapter.  I don't believe
> >that this section was deleted from any of the Berkeley Software
> >Distribution versions of the Franz system.
>
> 	A paper available from UCB (PAM-124), "Parlez-Vous Franz ?  An
> 	Informal Introduction to Interfacing Foreign Functions to Franz
> 	LISP," by James R. Larus, offers more information on the subject.

Thanks for both the references.  I appreciate both of you taking the
time to reply.

While it is undoubtedly due to my own lack of expertise and even
intelligence, I didn't think section 8.4 of the Franz Manual was
particularly clear about passing and *particularly* about returning
things other than numbers to and from foreign functions...

The paper mentioned (as I said before) sounds like exactly what I
need.  How can I obtain it from Berkeley or elsewhere?  Does anyone have
it online?

					Thanks Again For Any Help,
						Bart Massey
						..tektronix!reed!bart