[net.movies] Breakfast with Blassie

jdz@wucec2.UUCP (Jason D. Zions) (01/25/86)

It may be the case that no parody "My Dinner With Andre the Giant" was
ever produced. HOWEVER, I DO remember seeing some parody based on the
title (and perhaps plot) of the movie.

One could make a case for considering MDWA to be a parody in and of itself.
--
Jason D. Zions				jdz@wucec2
Center for Engineering Computing	...ihnp4!wucs!wucec2!jdz

rab@well.UUCP (Bob Bickford) (01/27/86)

In article <1292@wucec2.UUCP>, jdz@wucec2.UUCP (Jason D. Zions) writes:
> It may be the case that no parody "My Dinner With Andre the Giant" was
> ever produced. HOWEVER, I DO remember seeing some parody based on the
> title (and perhaps plot) of the movie.
>
> One could make a case for considering MDWA to be a parody in and of itself.
> --

Surely no one could take that movie seriously?         ;-)

I saw a parody of it in Berzerkeley a year or two ago called
something like "My donut with <???>".  It *was* funny.

tomp@amiga.UUCP (Tom Pohorsky) (01/28/86)

>> It may be the case that no parody "My Dinner With Andre the Giant" was
>> ever produced. HOWEVER, I DO remember seeing some parody based on the
>> title (and perhaps plot) of the movie.
>> One could make a case for considering MDWA to be a parody in and of itself.
>Surely no one could take that movie seriously?         ;-)
>I saw a parody of it in Berzerkeley a year or two ago called
>something like "My donut with <???>".  It *was* funny.

I, and other wimps, really liked the original.
satire was "My Donut with Annie"

jdz@wucec2.UUCP (Jason D. Zions) (01/29/86)

> rab@well.UUCP (Bob Bickford)
>> Me

>> It may be the case that no parody "My Dinner With Andre the Giant" was
>> ever produced. HOWEVER, I DO remember seeing some parody based on the
>> title (and perhaps plot) of the movie.
>>
>> One could make a case for considering MDWA to be a parody in and of itself.
>
>Surely no one could take that movie seriously?         ;-)
>
>I saw a parody of it in Berzerkeley a year or two ago called
>something like "My donut with <???>".  It *was* funny.

THAT'S IT! It was called "My donut with Annie," in which Annie was one of
those slightly lost people selling flowers at the offramps of highways
in San Francisco (or LA). Really weird; the "interviewer" was also female.

It was only a slight improvement on _My_Dinner_With_Andre_. :-)

--
Jason D. Zions				jdz@wucec2
Center for Engineering Computing	...!{seismo,cbosgd,ihnp4}