[comp.lang.lisp] Looking for GLISP

weltyc@b.nyser.net (Christopher A. Welty) (07/10/87)

	I am looking for some references to G-LISP, something written
by a guy named Novac (sp?) at Stanford.  I don't actually need G-LISP,
but I would like to see the papers or any other references.  Any help
would be much appreciated.  With enough interest I'll post to the
list..

Christopher Welty - Asst. Director, RPI CS Labs
weltyc@cs.rpi.edu       ...!seismo!rpics!weltyc

wagner@iaoobelix.UUCP (07/15/87)

The only G-LISP (with this spelling, approximately) I have ever heard of, is
an object-oriented system written in INTERLISP. It came with the INTERLISP
distribution disks for Intermezzo Release (I haven't checked Koto yet) as
source code. A somehow large documentation could also be found on the
distribution floppy. Since there must be somebody out there (at least at
XEROX, Palo Alto) working with G-LISP you should probably post an appropriate
request for information to the info-1100 mailing list (moderated at
SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.edu). You will probably get more info from the various
XEROX people on that mailing list.

I hope this helps,
Juergen Wagner,		     (USENET) ...seismo!unido!iaoobel!wagner
("Gandalf")			 Fraunhofer Institute IAO, Stuttgart

fritz@hpfclp.HP.COM (Gary Fritz) (07/20/87)

GLISP was written by Gordon Novak.  Last I heard he was at UT-Austin.

Gary Fritz
{ihnp4,hplabs}!l i, the S---

benoit@crcge1.UUCP (Christophe Benoit) (08/17/87)

In article <260@nysernic> weltyc@nic.nyser.net (Christopher A. Welty) writes:

>	I am looking for some references to G-LISP, something written
>by a guy named Novac (sp?) at Stanford.  I don't actually need G-LISP,
>but I would like to see the papers or any other references.  Any help
>would be much appreciated.  With enough interest I'll post to the
>list..
>

>Christopher Welty - Asst. Director, RPI CS Labs
>weltyc@cs.rpi.edu       ...!seismo!rpics!weltyc

You van read the following references:

G.S Novak: "Knowledge-based programming using abstract data types".
	   Proc. of AAAI'83, August 1983.

	   "GLISP: a Lisp-based programming system with data abstraction".
	   A.I Magazine, Vol. 4, No. 3, August 1983.

Christophe Benoit.
benoit@crcge1.cge.fr