[comp.lang.lisp] YACC/LEX Equivalents?

reinke@uicslsaj.cs.uiuc.edu (12/15/88)

Does anyone know of/have cheap (preferably free) equivalents of
Unix's YACC and LEX (i.e., parser generator and lexical analyzer
generator) written in Common LISP?

Bob Reinke
reinke@uicslsai.csl.uiuc.edu

dor@lanl.gov (David Rich) (12/20/88)

In article <4400006@uicslsaj>, reinke@uicslsaj.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> Does anyone know of/have cheap (preferably free) equivalents of
> Unix's YACC and LEX (i.e., parser generator and lexical analyzer
> generator) written in Common LISP?

If such beasts exist, I'd be interested as well!

--Dave

aboulang@bbn.com (Albert Boulanger) (12/20/88)

While not equivalent to YACC/LEX combination, CGOL is public domain,
as far as I know. This was written a while ago by Pratt and updated
for Common Lisp by George Carrette. I believe it can be gotten from
MIT (in the lmlib directory on various machines there).

Albert Boulanger
BBN Systems & Technologies Corp.
aboulanger@bbn.com