[comp.lang.lisp] Yacc/Lex -- LISP...

dor@lanl.gov (David Rich) (12/23/88)

+
+Date: Mon, 19 Dec 88 22:26:28 EST
+From: "James H. Coombs" <jhc@iris>
+To: dor@beta.LANL.GOV
+Subject: Re: YACC/LEX Equivalents
+
+I have written an S-R parser.  Much more flexible and powerful than
+YACC.  (It will generate four types of parsers: SLR(0), SLR(1), LR(1),
+and LALR(1)).  I currently use it for parsing English.  I have
+augmented the CFG with tests and actions: features, registers, etc.
+I use GPSG formalism for unbounded movement.  Typed-lambda calculus
+semantic rules interleaved with the syntactic rules.
+
+When things cool down a little, I hope to clean it up for
+distribution.  I have not decided exactly what to distribute, so I am
+interested in hearing what people are interested in.  The full-blown
+NLU version is not ready to go, but it won't take much to strip it down
+to something useful and reliable.
+
+My access to the News groups is shaky, so I would appreciate it if
+someone would post this information to the LISP group.
+
+Thanks.  --Jim
+
+Dr. James H. Coombs
+Software Engineer, Research
+Institute for Research in Information and Scholarship (IRIS)
+Brown University
+

Done.

--Dave