[comp.lang.lisp] Kee-CommonLisp Profiler?

dor@lanl.gov (David Rich) (01/11/89)

Does a tool exist that will allow one to produce
an execution profile (at the function level)
for a Kee-CommonLisp application?

I'm about to attack the Kee documentation so
I figured I'd get two searches going in parallel!

Thanks.

--Dave

nienart@iucs.cs.indiana.edu (John Nienart) (01/12/89)

In article <7892@lanl.gov> dor@lanl.gov (David Rich) writes:

>Does a tool exist that will allow one to produce
>an execution profile (at the function level)
>for a Kee-CommonLisp application?

When I was at IntelliCorp we had an in-house profiling tool similar to
the InterLISP spy package, but I think it only ran on LISPMs. Perhaps
you could get IC to put this on their user forum, or give you a copy.

If you're on the Symbolics, they have some nice profiling
tools available in the 7.2 release.

--John

John Nienart
Indiana University Computer Science
Internet: nienart@iucs.cs.indiana.edu

apl_aimh@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Marty Hall) (01/13/89)

In article <16396@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> nienart@iucs.UUCP (John Nienart) writes:
>In article <7892@lanl.gov> dor@lanl.gov (David Rich) writes:
>>Does a tool exist that will allow one to produce
>>an execution profile (at the function level)
>>for a Kee-CommonLisp application?
>
>When I was at IntelliCorp we had an in-house profiling tool similar to
>the InterLISP spy package ...

Well, IC now releases this outside IC as "KEEspy", but not through the
Forum; you have to pay for it.  I agree with John: use the Symbolics
facilities if you have them.

			- Marty Hall (also "Marty Hall" on KEE Forum)