[comp.lang.lisp] Lisp & X

thor@stout.ucar.edu (Rich Neitzel) (01/12/89)

I realize that this maybe a simple question, but I new to Lisp and X, so:

Is there a Lisp interface to X11, similar to the C interface?
			Richard Neitzel
			National Center For Atmospheric Research
			Box 3000
			Boulder, CO 80307-3000
			303-497-2057

			thor@thor.ucar.edu

    	Torren med sitt skjegg		Thor with the beard
    	lokkar borni under sole-vegg	calls the children to the sunny wall
    	Gjo'i med sitt shinn		Gjo with the pelts
    	jagar borni inn.		chases the children in.

twolf@homxb.ATT.COM (T.WOLF) (01/13/89)

In article <1216@ncar.ucar.edu>, thor@stout.ucar.edu (Rich Neitzel) writes:
> I realize that this maybe a simple question, but I new to Lisp and X, so:
>
> Is there a Lisp interface to X11, similar to the C interface?

I would also like to know (I seem to recall having seen a Lisp which produced
C code which would interface through the standard Xlib, but I may be wrong.)

In addition, does such an interface exist for prolog?

Thanks for any help,

Tom Wolf
Bell Labs, Holmdel, NJ			E-mail:  twolf@homxb.att.com

yduJ@lucid.com (Judy Anderson) (01/14/89)

A common lisp interface to X (called CLX) is available and comes with
the standard distribution of X11R2 and X11R3.  Documentation is
"forthcoming".
					yduJ (Judy Anderson)
					Lucid, Inc.
					yduJ@lucid.com