[comp.lang.lisp] COMMON LISP for HP 9000???

billf@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill F. Faus) (01/12/89)

I'm taking a class in LISP at Oregon State University.

I have GNU Emacs on the HP 9000 350 on my desk, but I'm
told that it uses MLISP not COMMON LISP.

COMMON LISP is being used to teach the class.  Any suggestions
for where I might get a COMMON LISP that will on on my
HP 9000 model 350?

Bill Faus
HP Corvallis

billf@hp-pcd

fritz@hpfclp.SDE.HP.COM (Gary Fritz) (01/13/89)

A response is on its way to Bill, but in case anyone else is wondering:  the
HP9000 model 350 (and the rest of the 300 series) supports Lucid Common Lisp.
Lucid will also be available soon on the series 800 (RISC) systems.

Gary Fritz

dplatt@coherent.com (Dave Platt) (01/14/89)

[This followup is posted at the request at the request of one of our
 net-neighbors.  They receive comp.lang.lisp but are not set up to post
 to it at this time.  DCP]

The H9000 model 350 (and the rest of the 300 series) supports IBUKI
Common Lisp.  IBUKI is currently available on the series 800 (RISC)
systems, and has been shipping for six months (the port was contracted
for by HP).  Why wait?  Go with the leader.

Richard Weyrauch
IBUKI
{sun,ames}!coherent!ibuki!rww

-----------------------

--
Dave Platt    FIDONET:  Dave Platt on 1:204/444        VOICE: (415) 493-8805
  UUCP: ...!{ames,sun,uunet}!coherent!dplatt     DOMAIN: dplatt@coherent.com

cox@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Charles A. Cox) (01/16/89)

In article <102840001@hpcvlx.HP.COM> billf@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill F. Faus) writes:
>[...] Any suggestions
>for where I might get a COMMON LISP that will on on my
>HP 9000 model 350?

Franz Inc.'s Allegro CL Common Lisp is available on HP 9000, model 300
series.

	Charley Cox

fritz@hpfclp.SDE.HP.COM (Gary Fritz) (01/17/89)

My apologies for neglecting IBUKI, Franz, and anyone else.  The HP lab contacts
for Lucid are in the next aisle, and much of the Series 300 work was done here.
I was most familiar with that port and forgot about the others.

Gary

billf@hpcvlx.HP.COM (Bill F. Faus) (01/18/89)

Thanks for everyone's help!

I have located an ninstallable version of HPCLII.215 from HP Fort Collins.

I have acquired my security codewords.

And I saw a ">" prompt this evening at 8PM!

My measly 8 Mbyte system did not have enough muscle, so my desk buddy
Paul is letting me put LISP on his 370 which is equipped with two
571 Mbyte discs, 32 Mbyte RAM, and 1280x1024 display.

Now I can work on those tough class problems:

    (setq A '(A B))

Makes me dizzy with power available at my fingertips!

Any tips now on how to interface with X11 and with GNU?

You know, the user convenience features?
: