[comp.lang.lisp] Allegro

hallett@galactica.steinmetz (Jeffrey A. Hallett) (03/31/89)

Howdy!

Kind of a more general question.  We bought Allegro Common Lisp before
it was sold to APDA.  Does anyone know of an upgrade?  The product
sold at APDA has much more included than the original Allegro. It
would be nice to get in on some of that.

Jeffrey A. Hallett                     | ARPA: hallett@ge-crd.arpa
Software Technology Program    	       | UUCP: galactica!hallett@steinmetz.uucp
GE Corporate Research and Development  | (518) 387-5654
+--------------------------------------+--------------------------------------+
|  		"Isn't fun like the best thing to have ever?		      |
|  					- Arthur			      |

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (04/01/89)

In article <13503@steinmetz.ge.com> hallett@galactica.steinmetz.ge.com (Jeffrey A. Hallett) writes:

>Kind of a more general question.  We bought Allegro Common Lisp before
>it was sold to APDA.  Does anyone know of an upgrade?  The product

APDA offers a 1.2.2 upgrade, and you should get it if you want support on
ACL.  Look for an April 1989 Tech Note (#231) on ACL, including some known
bugs and patches.  It's going out the door this morning and should be mailed
by the 15th of this month.  If all goes well, I'll have all the archive
sites caught up to this current batch by then as well.

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

malczews@nunki.usc.edu (Frank Malczewski) (04/01/89)

In article <13503@steinmetz.ge.com> hallett@galactica.steinmetz.ge.com (Jeffrey A. Hallett) writes:
>Kind of a more general question.  We bought Allegro Common Lisp before
>it was sold to APDA.  Does anyone know of an upgrade?  The product
>sold at APDA has much more included than the original Allegro. It
>would be nice to get in on some of that.

I'd like to know that too;  in addition, is it possible to get an updated
version of the FFI that works with MPW 3.0 C, or some hints on how to
go about using what I have?

  -- Frank Malczewski        (malczews@castor.usc.edu)

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (04/02/89)

In article <3319@nunki.usc.edu> malczews@nunki.usc.edu (Frank Malczewski) writes:
>In article <13503@steinmetz.ge.com> hallett@galactica.steinmetz.ge.com (Jeffrey A. Hallett) writes:
>>Kind of a more general question.  We bought Allegro Common Lisp before
>>it was sold to APDA.  Does anyone know of an upgrade?  The product
>>sold at APDA has much more included than the original Allegro. It
>>would be nice to get in on some of that.
>
>I'd like to know that too;  in addition, is it possible to get an updated
>version of the FFI that works with MPW 3.0 C, or some hints on how to
>go about using what I have?

The upgrade will be available from APDA at the end of April.  Look for it in
their April catalog.  Part number will be M0229LL/A, and cost should be
approximately $50.00...

holland@m2.csc.ti.com (Fred Hollander) (04/02/89)

In article <13503@steinmetz.ge.com> hallett@galactica.steinmetz.ge.com (Jeffrey A. Hallett) writes:
>Kind of a more general question.  We bought Allegro Common Lisp before
>it was sold to APDA.  Does anyone know of an upgrade?  The product
>sold at APDA has much more included than the original Allegro. It
>would be nice to get in on some of that.

I believe an upgrade is coming in the next couple of weeks (at a relatively
low cost).  It should include everything (foreign function interface and
standalone generator) except Flavors which is still sold by Franz.

Fred Hollander
Computer Science Center
Texas Instruments, Inc.
hollander@ti.com

The above statements are my own and not representative of Texas Instruments.