[comp.lang.lisp] polynomials

canoura@ihlpl.ATT.COM (jlcanoura) (04/25/89)

I need help writing polynomial functions in lisp to
add, substract, multiply and divide polynomials.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

                             ihlpl!canoura

heller@steinmetz.ge.com (aaron j heller) (04/28/89)

In article <10257@ihlpl.ATT.COM> canoura@ihlpl.ATT.COM (jlcanoura)
writes:
>I need help writing polynomial functions in lisp to
>add, substract, multiply and divide polynomials.
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The system GeoMeter(*) is a collection of utilities written in Common
Lisp for the purpose of modeling solid objects and providing tools for
algebraic manipulation.  It was developed here at the Image
Understanding Lab at GE R&D and is now maintained by the Visions Group
at U. Mass.  I think you will find that it is more than sufficient for
what you need.  It is available by anonymous FTP from Internet address
128.119.40.1 or you can contact GEOMETER@COINS.CS.UMASS.EDU to get a
copy.

Aaron Heller (heller@crd.ge.com  uunet!steinmetz!heller)
-------
* GeoMeter is a registered trademark of the General Electric Company.